Chef Toby here – I was helping mom go through old magazines the other day (for her art project) and I found some delicious bacon recipes to offer in tribute to King Sammy of Baconia!
Here is the delicious bacon first – then the recipes!!Mmmm, look delicious, don’t they? Southwest Cornmeal, Pecan Rosemary, BBQ! I found them in a Southern Living Magazine from March 2015. Here’s the recipes –
Here I am in my kitchen cooking them up for King Sammy! Everyone else is invited over to sample them!!
Happy Caturday Art to King Sammy and everyone else!!
We’re praying extra hard for Flynn, King Sammy’s friend, as he his feeling poorly!
I get to answer Friday Fill-Ins this week!!! My answers are in RED!!
1. I prefer binge watching my favorite tv shows with mom to watching them one by one each week.
2. Getting used to Toby going outside and me having to stay inside was much harder than I expected. Mom says I can go outside but only if I wear a harness and walk on a leash. I tried telling her the harness is too heavy and I can’t walk under its weight but she said I must learn to wear it if I want to explore the great outdoors again. Oh, well. I’ll just watch from the window.
3. One way that I relax is after eating I lounge underneath the sink in the kitchen.
4. Mom petting me always makes me purr very loudly.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
Click HERE and HERE for more Fill-IN Fun!!!!
Purrs and Prayers for the people of Nice, France
BobbieSue reporting for WTWC News!
I have a special report about a new museum that has opened in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. It’s called Civil War Tails and is “possibly America’s most whimsical war museum.” (Karen Heller, The Washington-Post Weekly).
Rebecca and Ruth Brown, 32-year-old twins, have recreated various battles of the Civil War using clay sculpted into cat soldiers!
The sisters bought a historic house, The Homestead – built in 1869, and established their Diorama museum there. The museum was born of a love of making cat figures and of Civil War history.
Everything is handmade and on a 1:1 scale.
The trees are made of twigs and reindeer moss, each individually glued.
They have made thousands of cats as well as anything a soldier needs for battle – horses, cannons, rifles, tents – all hand made! Please go HERE to see the large size of one of the diorama’s – it’s humongous!!!
Click on their logo to go to their blog/website!!
We haven’t been to the museum, but it is on our list of places to visit!!!
I hope you enjoyed my report – I’ll be back again with more cat/animal news!!
Purrs and Prayers for
Nellie (Nellie On The Edge) for her beloved Merlin Wilde (CatWisdom101.com) who has moved on into the light. We pray also for Merlin’s family who are left with broken hearts.
The family of Daddy Cat (Jacqueline’s Cat House), who has also moved on across the Rainbow Bridge.
Frankie crossed the Rainbow Bridge last night. From August 2000 to May 20, 2016 we were blessed to have wonderful and loving Frankie in our lives. He was one of my first playmates when I moved into mom’s and granmama’s home. He taught me how to be a man-cat and was a joy to know.
We remember him in love and thank all of our friends for purring and praying for him during his final days.
With fond remembrance and love,
Its time for the Friday Fill-in blog hop!! Yippee!
Questions are in reddish and my answers in blue!
1.Everyone should read a really great book about CATS! If you need help choosing, let me know!
2. My first trip to the vet was when I was 8 weeks old and was a scary thing! I had ouchy things stuck in my hip, one particularly yukky thing stuck up my bum – where’s my mom!?!?!?! Oh – she was there being silly and loving on me. By the way, I weighed 2 pounds, 9 ounces!!
3. My favorite time of the day is 3:00 in the morning, because its wake-up time and I get some yummy breakfast!! By the way, my second favorite time of day is 3:00 in the afternoon because that’s supper time!!!
4. I think dreams really do come true because I’m living mine right now!
Let’s go Blog Hopping!!
Friendly Friday Fill-Ins!
Purrs and Prayers for Billy, he’s fighting cancer. Please go HERE to offer support.